Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Broken Rear Rough County 2.2 Shocks

Old 07-16-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by possumface
update replaced 1 bushing with the aftermarket one that was posted here thank you, drove to work and all of them have failed ...
I'm probably just reading too much into this: Which bushings failed, the ones from RC or, the ones from RC and the aftermarket ("all of them have failed")?

BTW: I just checked and the RC 2.2 shocks that I installed a couple months ago are fine.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the shocks that come from rough country 2.2 they have bad bushings on them made in korea from what ive heard, the rear shocks top part both failed, the front lower failed. went to autozone picked up those ones mentioned in this forum hourglass looking bushings. rough country is sending out replacements but if mine are ok now im really uneasy about putting in RC bushings at all plus its a real pain
Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

well guys, the replacement bushings just wore out yesterday. called up RC, they said that Daystar, the company they get their bushings from, made a bad batch of them that was a 3 month supply, and they just found out last week. they have new bushings in that dont have problems. they are sending me a full set of bushings to go all the way around the Jeep. you know what they say, 3rd times a charm......
Old 07-23-2008, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine Failed too. So did my friends. They broke within 50 miles of use. We purchased and installed our lifts at the same time. Rough Country sent us new bushings. So far, they are holding up.
Mine went out while on vacation with my family. I was stranded in Louisiana for a while.

Sorry...

Last edited by LifeTime; 07-23-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

??? To all those that had bad bushings..... Did you forget to use the metal sleeves on the bottom bushings, or were they in place when the bushings broke?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

LifeTime, my replacement bushings did the same thing, split right in the middle. the original bushings i had wore away at one end.... weird

i used the metal sleeve at the bottom of the shocks. the bottom bushings seem fine, no signs of wear. but RC is sending me bushing to go all the way around so theyre getting replaced too.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default bushings suck

rc shoulkd charge $299 for the kit with shock extensions and $139 for the kit with the 2.2 shocks cause they really suck short and not durable. i probably dont even have 700 miles on the kit. WORTHLESS. going with bilsteins shocks
Old 07-23-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the bushings that someone was talking about on my full traction shocks. They are great and 3 bucks at auto zone. bought 3 packs for back ups since they were so cheap.

Full traction makes great hydro shocks and I got 27 inches droop from them! Of course that is on a 4 inch lift but I could have made them fit on my 2.5 inch TF BB. The stuff would have just been shorter but it would have drooped like a old fat flabby dog.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the full traction shocks

Old 09-13-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Just got back from wheeling, both rear rough country upper shock bushings gave up on me. Have not contacted RC yet, just hope they make it right this time.

Quick Reply: Broken Rear Rough County 2.2 Shocks