Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Broken ARB Air Compressor

Old 07-19-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Broken ARB Air Compressor

I was so excited to get my ARB compressor/tire kit in the mail today! (Thanks Northridge!) So you can imagine how long it was before I had the hood up and parts everywhere. If you are familiar with the compressor and installing it, you'll know you have to install the 3-way spliter into the side port of the tank. After wrapping the splitter a few times with teflon tape I began to twist it in. After about four complete turns I heard a "SNAP". Well, it turns out that the black piece of aluminum the splitter screws into cracked on me! Right down the middle to the screw! GREAT! Insert profanities here.

So my question is, (cause Northridge and ARB are closed and the suspense is killing me), do they make replacement parts, and/or do they make this part? It looks complicated to take apart so I'm wondering if it'll be expensive? Or am I going to end up ordering a new compressor?

Anybody else had this happen or am I just wrench happy? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the input. . . . . . . . .
Old 07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's too bad, I'm sure northridge will fix you up. Mine went in without a hitch, something very rare for me.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

I called ARB first cause it was the first place I thought of for the part. But they did. You were right. They are sending me a new part today free of charge. Now THAT'S customer service!

THANK YOU ARB!

Hats off to Northridge too for calling me back right away about the problem! Thanks again Dave!

Just sucks I have to wait till then to use it.

Last edited by itsarubiconday; 07-20-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Something broke in mine as well... Lucky I made it through the Rubicon, then it broke as I was filling up my tires. Seem like whatever connects the piston... I removed the air filter and the connecting rod isn't moving got to remove it tomorrow from the Jeep!

Oh yeah.... It's only a week old!!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did the same thing and it broke in the same place. Next time I used a heavy anaerobic loctite to seal it. No problems second time.

Quick Reply: Broken ARB Air Compressor