Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Broken 42RLE input shaft1

Old 04-02-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken 42RLE input shaft1

Just wanted to let everyone know about my little incident the other weekend lol.

So, like I said in the previous post, I was just playing in a shallow mud hole when all of a sudden the transmission felt like it was in neutral. All the linkage was fine, and the lever moved through all the gears, but the engine would rev, and no movement at all.

Turns out I snapped the input shaft to the transmission... The guys at Aamco said they'd never seen something like that before and the place they bought the part from had never sold one either lol. Got to be one of a kind

Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure. Anyone else ever had this happen??

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130402_151538.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	441739
Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say maybe too much input torque but you have a 3.8
Old 04-02-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler2786
Just wanted to let everyone know about my little incident the other weekend lol.

So, like I said in the previous post, I was just playing in a shallow mud hole when all of a sudden the transmission felt like it was in neutral. All the linkage was fine, and the lever moved through all the gears, but the engine would rev, and no movement at all.

Turns out I snapped the input shaft to the transmission... The guys at Aamco said they'd never seen something like that before and the place they bought the part from had never sold one either lol. Got to be one of a kind

Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure. Anyone else ever had this happen??

Attachment 441739
That would have been a good pic for a "What Is It?" thread. That doesn't look anything like what you say it is.

Quick Reply: Broken 42RLE input shaft1