Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Broke ring and pinion

Old 02-08-2023, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I would run it
Just to make sure you got the latest pic I'm gonna send u what I got yesterday, trying to make a diy marking compound
also since my diy paint wasnt really worth a shit , it did seem to leave a decent residual mark , it was transferring from coated teeth to clean teeth and this is what ur seeing. Do you still think its good to go? Everything else is good ,amd if u say run it thats exactly what we gonna do. Thanks a ton

Last edited by Sour Apple; 02-08-2023 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

I just added my shims for my carrier preload, pinion was already set , backlash still at 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 all way around , only thing left is to swap out the pinion mock up bearing, and this is the pattern

Old 02-12-2023, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Well jeep is smooth as butter , everything seems perfect, I appreciate help on picking a pattern , sure seems like a success, guess time will tell. With old gears it would pretty much stop on its own without hitting the brakes, it wasn't the brakes tho I know , also now with new gears it don't do it no more , it coast like it's supposed to , old gear set had pretty much 0 pinion preload and carrier wasn't supper tight, from looks of gears, didn't look to deep and coast side worse than drive and lots damage on heel of tooth all way around with cracks and chips until some finally broke. What would cause the slowing down hard with no brakes , now it coast like it's supposed to

Old 02-12-2023, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

And here's the mall crawler I been workin on 😄 not really. Don't think it's ever been to a mall. B4 I got lockers. It took a beating sometimes, but kept on goin , I'm little easier on skinny pedal nowadays,

Quick Reply: Broke ring and pinion