Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brink Fab Cage Built-Up on 4 Door JK

Old 04-28-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks awsome. thats some serious work done on the driveway!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=JK-Boy;464201]
Originally Posted by dyolfknip

not a mechanic. I'm a Welding QC inspector with a Mechanical Eng background. My buddy that's building it, he's a carpanter and a really good welder. It's not a day process. The whole cage is thought over and it's been more then a month process.
Again on cages there's no guarantee if they'll hold or now, depending on the sittuation! S..t happens but I'm not planning on rolling it! It's my daily driver! But one thing's for sure, I rather roll with it, then with a stock one! but I'm hopping that wont happen :P
Forget about the " is it safer Blaa blaa blaa"........I'd put that thing on for looks alone, as long as it was as safe as the original, and that looks much stronger!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its looking amazing
Old 04-28-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

i dont know if there is enough room for the flat bar... its pretty tight between the door and the dash. but that is what i am hoping for.

The flat plate of steel it's CRAP!!!! even with poisson spyer! it will not hold!

The way we done mine: Bent tubbing from the top part straight down, coming in front on the "rottating" vent, then bolted to the body, sandwitch plate 3/16" thick, then the bottom will be welded to the chassie
Old 04-28-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Rubidon;464226]
Originally Posted by JK-Boy

Forget about the " is it safer Blaa blaa blaa"........I'd put that thing on for looks alone, as long as it was as safe as the original, and that looks much stronger!
I think it looks amazing can't wait to finish it
Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

here's a quick schetch in paint to give you an idea of what's going to look like
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	quick sketch.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	8431   Click image for larger version

Name:	cage4b.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	8432   Click image for larger version

Name:	cage5a.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	8433  
Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Boy
i dont know if there is enough room for the flat bar... its pretty tight between the door and the dash. but that is what i am hoping for.

The flat plate of steel it's CRAP!!!! even with poisson spyer! it will not hold!

The way we done mine: Bent tubbing from the top part straight down, coming in front on the "rottating" vent, then bolted to the body, sandwitch plate 3/16" thick, then the bottom will be welded to the chassie
nice, it'll be much safer than the stock, no doubt. Anyway you could always put the fata** padding all over it ...lol...talk about look funny...but I would definitely pad certain areas in the head swinging around area at least...

We always debated that crap in the race world, I had a 10 second street/strip 97 Camaro SS and with the cage at the track you wore your helmet, on the street you knew there was head/body protection but dreaded a mild fender bender due to cracking your noggin on the cage even while buckled up.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
nice, it'll be much safer than the stock, no doubt. Anyway you could always put the fata** padding all over it ...lol...talk about look funny...but I would definitely pad certain areas in the head swinging around area at least...

We always debated that crap in the race world, I had a 10 second street/strip 97 Camaro SS and with the cage at the track you wore your helmet, on the street you knew there was head/body protection but dreaded a mild fender bender due to cracking your noggin on the cage even while buckled up.
For competition purposes you head has to be 3" below the cage
This is the s...ty part, I'm 6'8" so the jk seats are coming out and going with "Elcheapo" racing seats the will be mounted way lower plus on the trail I'll wear a helment
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have heard stories of guys dieing from crakin there noodles on exposed roll cages...

cage is gonna look sweet... patiently awaiting pics LOL
Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubicon Rando
i have heard stories of guys dieing from crakin there noodles on exposed roll cages...

cage is gonna look sweet... patiently awaiting pics LOL
what do u mean cracking their noodles on exposed cages?

Quick Reply: Brink Fab Cage Built-Up on 4 Door JK