Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Breaking Tough Tire Beads - BeadBuster

Old 10-13-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking Tough Tire Beads - BeadBuster

For those of you who mount your own tires, I thought I'd share a cool tool that I just got for busting really tough beads and when the other easier methods aren't working. Its called the BeadBuster and it is simply an attachment that mounts underneath your highlift base. Now, I've used the highlift base alone to bust tough beads before, but this thing makes quick work of it and with very little pressure on the tire sidewall; therefore, less risk of damaging the sidewall. Apparently, this thing has been around for a while, but I'd never heard of it. Photos below (the BeadBuster is the red thing):

Old 10-13-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you guys mount your own tires, what do you do about balancing?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel
When you guys mount your own tires, what do you do about balancing?
I use DynaBeads. Some people love them; some people don't...they work fine for me.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotcha. I doubt Ill ever need to dismount my tires. Ill just end up selling my 15 inch wheels when I bump up to 37's.

Quick Reply: Breaking Tough Tire Beads - BeadBuster