Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brand New JK XS 4 Door Now What?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is where it gets all confusing... I really appreciate everyone responding to my questions and I have learned a ton over the past 4 or 5 days. If you only knew how many hours I have spent on this forum over the past five days you would all laugh and think I'm nuts for researching a lift kit this much

I have had some great responses to my PM's and they keep coming in..

Here is where we are today with all the info.

Teraflex 2.5 BB with shocks or with shock extensions. People who have them seem to be pretty happy for the most part. Some say it rides like stock others say it's kinda rough and they wish they would have went with Teraflex 2.5 with the coils. The Teraflex bb with spacer kit from Teraflex is very complete and it's dead simple.

Teraflex 2.5 with the coils and shock kit. Owner seem to really like them and think they ride a lot nicer than the Teraflex 2.5 BB with the pucks. Teraflex 2.5 coill kit is also very complete.

Nobody had commented on the ride difference between the Teraflex 2.5 bb with puck and shock extensions vs same kit with the addition of the teraflex shocks.. meaning which rides nicer? comments.

OME- those that have it love it and say that it rides as good if not better than stock. You have the flexibility to mix and mach spring weight which can help you if you want to get rid of the front end rake or if you have aftermarket bumpers winches etc. which can cause front or back to be low or high. Stock OME kit is 4 springs and 4 shocks. It seems if you go with med springs or heavy front mediium rear you will not have to add anything else as long as you are planning on only doing moderate off road/trail/beaches. For those how wheel on the big boy stuff and need tons of flex.. they opt for HD springs all around, longer OME shocks and then different track bars, different disc connects etc. David at Northridge4x4 has a great OME kit for those looking for more than just springs and shocks

I guess buying a lift kit for a jeep is like buying a pair of jeans... some fit and people love them and other do not fit and you keep trying others on until you like something.

I don't know what % of the JK community I represent when I say that 80% of my time will be driving up and down the same roads as all the other cagers (I'm a motorcycle guy as well and that's what we call peeps in cars) and the other 20% will be trail riding, beach driving and some easy fun trails when I get over to the eastern part of nc where the mountains are located.

It's really easy to see all these awesome rigs on this site and get all excited about tires, lifts, gears, winches etc. I feel like I have gone through an emotional roller coaster over the past 5 days since I have owned the jeep.... but I have learned a lot and it's been fun. Having an old cj5 before the jk it's interesting how things have changed in the jeep community and especially how easy the jk can be built up with only a moderate lift.

Again several PM's stated to take it slow and go with a Teraflex 2.5 BB with shock extensions or with longer shocks and see how it doe's and see if it's what I was looking for... others say to skip it and go right to the Teraflex 2.5 with coils as it will ride nicer and I will be happier in the end... and then OME crew say go with 4 ome springs and 4 shocks and be done with it.. nothing else to add and no other parts needed since I'm not going to be doing hard core wheeling and don't need the extra parts that give the incredible flex.

So a few more nights I will sleep on it and I will probably spend way to much time this week and weekend doing more research. Eventually it will be time to pull the trigger... I will run my last ideas by David at Northridge4x4 and then place the order with him. David has been great in answering my first go around with questions.!

Any thoughts or comments from above please let me know. Knowledge is a powerful thing. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Captainmorgan; 05-06-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Brand New JK XS 4 Door Now What?