Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brand New JK XS 4 Door Now What?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd investigate other dealerships I live in Mi. n u can find a dealer that wont void your warr. no matter how big you go, except the stuff your lift kit replaces. Also look at a susp. comp in Mi great price no questions asked warranty. A 2 inch lift w/ 35's will rub the fenders!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the new jeep!!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

thanks robin!

I have been getting some great advice through the forum.

messages I have been getting back have been very helpful.

Both kits are great but for what I'm looking for sounds like OME is getting the nod so far.

It also is sounding like if i go medium springs all the way around or heavy up front and medium in the rear I will not have to add anything else but the springs and shocks. happy happy joy joy!

going to see how many more responses I get via my post or PM's I have sent out then I will call David @ northridge4x4 and run by him (again). David was great to talk with yesterday and he answered my questions. I just wanted to do some more checking with the members to become more educated on my buying decision. I always have buyers remorse if I don't research something till my head pops off.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Captainmorgan
I have stock 3.73 gears. How much power will I lose with 35's? really that bad or not really... I know I know it depends on what you need... just humor me.

greenamphibious... Looks good. track bar does not come with the (full TF 2.5 coil kit) would I need that as well?
I'm getting 35's put on today with 4.10 gears. Everything I hear is that I won't be happy until I regear to 5.13. They say 4.88 is good for standards. Mine is an automatic.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the OME and love it, unfortunately same driving patterns as you... even less off road. I have to drive a long way to get off road without any no trespassing signs.

Only thing I can say is it's a bit on the expensive side compared to others, although for a reason and if you think you may go higher in a year or two might want to consider a less expensive option now.

Also if you go HD up front without adding weight w/bumper/winch, etc.. the front will sit noticeably higher than the back... not that it really matters much but just so you know. David won't steer you wrong either way.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

From what you're saying, I'd suggest a TF BB. It's the most complete kit available, and will retain the factory ride. I'm buying one this summer, as my JK is my daily driver, and I don't want to screw up its road manners. As far as 35's with a 3.73 axle, you should be ok if what you drive is fairly flat. I've ridden in a JK with 35's and 3.73's, and it didn't have too much noticeable power loss. If you have a lot of hills where you will be driving, you may want to consider the regear, but remember, it is $$$$. Congrats on the JK, you'll love it.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Hey, if you want to know what gear you should run with 35's take 35 & times it by .12 that will give you the ratio that you should run to retain factory performance and drivability. Don't stick with 3.73's you will be very sad about the performance loss and drop in MPG's.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
From what you're saying, I'd suggest a TF BB. It's the most complete kit available, and will retain the factory ride. I'm buying one this summer, as my JK is my daily driver, and I don't want to screw up its road manners. As far as 35's with a 3.73 axle, you should be ok if what you drive is fairly flat. I've ridden in a JK with 35's and 3.73's, and it didn't have too much noticeable power loss. If you have a lot of hills where you will be driving, you may want to consider the regear, but remember, it is $$$$. Congrats on the JK, you'll love it.
Actually the 2.5 TF BB lifts 3" in the front and 2" in the rear for a over all 2.5" lift and pretty much gets rid of the factory rake
Old 05-06-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased the OME HD kit from David at Northridge and couldn't be happier! The ride quality is far better than factory. I installed the lift myself. "Way of life" did a full wright up on this lift. I followed it line for line and the install went great. I used spring compressors to make the job easier. I learned a lot about the Jeep an glad I did it myself. OME lifts are designed to give you superior ride quality and superior preformance! A lot of the other manufacturers give you superior off road preformance but lack the smooth ride on road. Just my 2 cents!
I gained 3" in the rear and 4" in the front. My Jeep had a 3/4" rake from the factory and now it's perfect. Check out My Project JK for photos.
Have fun spending money on your JK! I know I have!!

Last edited by BIG JOHN; 05-06-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have almost the exact same Jeep and was wondering the same thing so thanks for asking Captainmorgan and thanks to y'all for answering. On the above post it says the OME adds closer to 3" & 4" that doesn't trouble the the drive shaft does it? Again, great info, thanks.

Quick Reply: Brand New JK XS 4 Door Now What?