Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake upgrades

Old 10-03-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
Take a look at our Restraint JK Brake Upgrade kit.

Restraint By Rebel Off Road: Complete Brake Upgrade For Jeep Wrangler Jk
I, too, am looking for better brakes, so I took a look at your website.
These brakes seemed interesting until I read one specific sentence:

"Customers state the stopping power is up to 40% better than stock."

With all due respect, whoever designs and makes brakes, know exactly how much stopping power they have vs the stock brakes.
Refraining from giving the data and publishing only what five customers state (which is highly subjective and prone to bias), may look like evasive sales babble.

"up to 40% better than stock" is meaningless, as '3% better' is within "up to 40% better than stock"...

The spelling mistakes on the webpage, do not encourage a serious product image either.

Now, I'm definitely NOT saying that these brakes aren't good.
They may be an excellent upgrade, which the webpage doesn't present as such in a convincing manner.
Given more factual data would make me consider these brakes more seriously.

Sorry for the bluntness... I do hope that you'll take it as constructive criticism.

Last edited by GJeep; 10-04-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake upgrade

I installed the Powerstop brake upgrade on all four corners, drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic brake pads. I have put 15,000 miles on them and I am still impressed with the performance. Worth every penny to me and the installation was completely painless.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131012_121555160.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	578406
Old 10-04-2014, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have the TF big brake kit. Very impressed with its stopping power. When and if they ever come out with the rear kit, will probably install that as well.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Baer brakes has a JK kit, either front or rear. Saw someone on here has them. Impressive looking but the price matches.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hoopskier
Baer brakes has a JK kit, either front or rear. Saw someone on here has them. Impressive looking but the price matches.
Compared to Brembo, the Baer brakes are a bargain ...
Old 10-04-2014, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Brake upgrades.

Thanks for all the feedback. I believe I will go with the T/F brake kit with slotted rotors along with the Master cylinder upgrade kit. I will wait for the release of the rear kit. I also have a lot of extra weight in armor so am definitely in need of more stopping power.

Thanks again
Old 10-04-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat Dr.
Thanks for all the feedback. I believe I will go with the T/F brake kit with slotted rotors along with the Master cylinder upgrade kit. I will wait for the release of the rear kit. I also have a lot of extra weight in armor so am definitely in need of more stopping power. Thanks again
I'm glad I did! You can't go wrong. I have about a 1,000 extra pounds of steel on mine and like I said earlier, I can stop on a dime...well quarter, thanks to the ABS.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very interesting thread! Anyone knows if a DIY thread was posted for how to change your brakes?
Old 10-04-2014, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup that might be me. I put on the full Baer brake install front, rear and new lines. Highly recommend. Very expensive. Haven't had any issue yet. Replaces all the old brackets as well. I like to look of the Baer over other brands. But like others said. Pretty pricy.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by burton07
Yup that might be me. I put on the full Baer brake install front, rear and new lines. Highly recommend. Very expensive. Haven't had any issue yet. Replaces all the old brackets as well. I like to look of the Baer over other brands. But like others said. Pretty pricy.
I, too, may upgrade the brakes. I can understand why the slots are OK for offroading, but hesitant about the holes.
Did you use the Baer in mud or anything that might stick in the holes?

Quick Reply: Brake upgrades