Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake sounds

Old 04-02-2014, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake sounds

I have a 2014 wrangler unlimited sport with 285 70 17 duratracs. Sometimes. When i get in my car. Start it. And put it in drive the brakes make a squeak noise. Its almost like driving a heavy van. Similar noise. Is that bad? Normal? Does anyone even know what im talking about. It also happens sometimes when im driving and just brake. Any thoughts on this guys
Old 04-02-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So just squeaky brakes? You should be under warranty, so I'd just take it in. You don't drive a car either!

Pleas add more periods on your next post, this one wasn't hard enough to read haha.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by afpilot82
So just squeaky brakes? You should be under warranty, so I'd just take it in. You don't drive a car either! Pleas add more periods on your next post, this one wasn't hard enough to read haha.
Lol frickin iphone. I was reading it after and same the same thinng. Way. To many periods. But then i got lazy. Andclicked send. Like. Right now
Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Same thing again. I parked my jeep in my driveway which is a hill put the e brake on. It dropped back almost a foot and made a loud noise as if im towing something that weighs 5000 pounds. Anyway. Washed and waxed the jeep. A few hrs later. Put the e brake down and put in reverse and it just dropped back another foot. Without me letting go of the brake. And then stopped. And then in loosening my foot on the brake and its making a loud screeching noise until i get to the street. And then back to normal as i went on my way.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jellis07109
Same thing again. I parked my jeep in my driveway which is a hill put the e brake on. It dropped back almost a foot and made a loud noise as if im towing something that weighs 5000 pounds. Anyway. Washed and waxed the jeep. A few hrs later. Put the e brake down and put in reverse and it just dropped back another foot. Without me letting go of the brake. And then stopped. And then in loosening my foot on the brake and its making a loud screeching noise until i get to the street. And then back to normal as i went on my way.
Bringing this back to life. My jku just started doing this when parked and i press the brake pedal to put it in drive theres us a extended squeak , when I'm driving it does not do it. Anyone have this problem or know the cause of it?
Old 11-15-2014, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

It happened to my buddy's 14 JKU with in week after the delivery. It was an annoying squeak from the rear left rotor. We noticed a grove mark on the disc and thought something got stuck between the rotor and pad. He took it to the dealer and they said it was a wrong axle and put a brand new axle along with a set of new brakes free of charge. Problem fixed but I still couldn't figure out what's wrong axle means and how come an axle could create this issue. Take it to the dealer and get it fixed.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeRaj
It happened to my buddy's 14 JKU with in week after the delivery. It was an annoying squeak from the rear left rotor. We noticed a grove mark on the disc and thought something got stuck between the rotor and pad. He took it to the dealer and they said it was a wrong axle and put a brand new axle along with a set of new brakes free of charge. Problem fixed but I still couldn't figure out what's wrong axle means and how come an axle could create this issue. Take it to the dealer and get it fixed.
Mine is a 2013 as has 23,478 miles on it I'm wondering if is just wear and tear issue, but it brakes fine with no squeak .
Old 11-19-2014, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoeRaj
My 14 JKUR started this recently at startup in the morning, and now when in park I can get the brake petal to a spot where the whine is constant. Really odd sound too. Never heard it while driving. Now that I can consistently repeat it, I'll be taking it to the dealer too.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

If this is the sound you're talking about, it's normal. I've grown to love the sound ever since I heard it in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W3fvjn55CQ&index=34&list=FLG8mVivP2EVfXIqezYS-Z5w

Quick Reply: Brake sounds