Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

brake rotor help

Old 03-15-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake rotor help

So I bought a set of drilled and slotted rotors from ebc. The ones I have are for the rear. I cant find a set for the front to save my life. Can I use a different brand or will the have ill effect on my braking? I'm wondering if one brand might grab better than another and screw something up?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blue project
So I bought a set of drilled and slotted rotors from ebc. The ones I have are for the rear. I cant find a set for the front to save my life. Can I use a different brand or will the have ill effect on my braking? I'm wondering if one brand might grab better than another and screw something up?
Wont matter at all, an for the record drilled an slotted rotors on a jeep? Why?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
Wont matter at all, an for the record drilled an slotted rotors on a jeep? Why?
I just put larger rims and tires on it. I assume that will help with stoping better. Also it's gonna see a lot of beach time so I figured they would help get the sand off the brakes.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO, I sorta of agree with the previous poster but I also keep thinking that wouldnt drilled and slotted be more prone to collecting mud faster?
Just a thought.

Quick Reply: brake rotor help