Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake Pedal Bouncing

Old 01-17-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually it did happen a couple of times before the lift. So the wife took it to 4 State Four wheel drive and they told her all it needed was a steering stabilizer. So she had it put on and it pretty much took care of the problem (well hide the problem) but it got worse after the lift was installed. We have had numerous off road places look at it and they all say it looks as it was installed correctly.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK I just got an Email form the wife and this is what she had to say.

It isn't on constantly. Only when the grinding noise starts and the brake feels like it's bouncing or trying to lock up and then it slows itself down and the steering wheel shakes.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Did the shop check the ball joints and the torque on the control arms? They also need to check the tires to make sure they are properly balanced.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

They said they did but they said they were fine, but we went to another shop and they told us they needed changed, but another shop said it needed new tie rod. So since I am not there to see, I have no Idea who is trying to just make a dollar.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates on this ??
Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well she took it back this morning and he drove it and it went away so maybe the computer reset. As far as the DW it is still there. So our next investment is to buy Ball Joints and have them installed, we are looking at the Dynatrac prosteer ball joints I hope this does it.

Last edited by mkjeep; 01-18-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: blacklisted manf.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the pro steers and haven't had 1 issue at all with them .. there pricey but u definitely get what u pay for.
There super heavy duty.
Hope u get this fixed for her!!
sent by the rinkish with a phone.

Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Bouncing