Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake Pedal Bouncing

Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pedal Bouncing

Ok so my wife has been fighting DW since we had a RC 3.5" Series II lift put on. So we have taken it back to have all the bolts check to make sure they were tight, She has just had them install and adj. track bar. They removed the RC track bar bracket and the drop pitman arm and put the factory pitman arm back on. Well I guess it still has DW and now she said when she got it back there is a grinding noise and the brake pedal started bouncing. Does anyone have any clues to what is going on. There is not much I can do right now due to being deployed to Afghanistan.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jrylb73
Ok so my wife has been fighting DW since we had a RC 3.5" Series II lift put on. So we have taken it back to have all the bolts check to make sure they were tight, She has just had them install and adj. track bar. They removed the RC track bar bracket and the drop pitman arm and put the factory pitman arm back on. Well I guess it still has DW and now she said when she got it back there is a grinding noise and the brake pedal started bouncing. Does anyone have any clues to what is going on. There is not much I can do right now due to being deployed to Afghanistan.
Crap, my guess would be they took the wheel off and her lugs aren't tight. Or they didnt center the axle and its causing esp to kick in. Ask her if the tracton control and esp lights are going off. Hell if they centered her axle and didn't re-center the steeering wheel, that would cause esp to kick in too.

Last edited by mkjeep; 01-17-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yep. My guess is that they didn't re-center the steering wheel after making the changes, and it's the esp kicking in and pumping the brakes.

If it is the steering wheel, point your wife at this write-up. It is something she can easily do herself. Or have her invite the other wives over for a few beers and an install party...

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Last edited by nthinuf; 01-17-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

If the steering wheel isn't centered, it causes the esp to randomly decide that the Jeep is in a slide, and it starts going nuts trying to correct-

that's what I gathered anyways in my days of lurking around on the forums.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brake pedal bouncing is definitely traction control / ABS related..
Tell her to make sure the steering wheel is centered like the others said .. are both axles centered?

sent by the rinkish with tapatalk power!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

She did say that the jeep slows on it's own when this happens
Old 01-17-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

The wife says it is the Traction control light that is on.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

If there is anyone that lives in the SW Corner of Missouri that would like a part time job to work on this thing let me know. I am running out of Ideas on how to fix this problem. I need to get rid of this DW problem and most places have no clue of what to do. The mech. that is working on the jeep says he called Chrysler and told them about the DW and they told him they keep putting on stabilizers on it till the warranty runs out then it is on the owner to fix.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is possible the dw damaged other parts like The ball joints.
My friend had dw on a 2 Dr and it ended up having super loose lower bjs. Not saying that's your problem, but a shop can easily check them to rule that out..
Maybe the axle isn't centered right.. maybe they didn't set it on the ground. And maybe the steering wheel is off too.

sent by the rinkish with tapatalk power!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jrylb73
The mech. that is working on the jeep says he called Chrysler and told them about the DW and they told him they keep putting on stabilizers on it till the warranty runs out then it is on the owner to fix.
Yep, a new and/or upgraded stabilizer is a very common 'solution' at the dealerships.

If I remember correctly from your first post on this issue a few weeks back, the DW was not happening before the lift, right? Sure seems to point at the installation to me...

If there is anyone that lives in the SW Corner of Missouri that would like a part time job to work on this thing let me know.
You might try posting in the Staging Area for your neck of the woods.

Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Bouncing