Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake line and ESP line extension

Old 01-14-2011, 10:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake line and ESP line extension

Hi,

I have a 2008 JK Rubicon Unlimited with a three inch TF lift. I have factory brake lines as well as the ESP sensor lines. I plan on extending the brake lines but I'm wondering if I will need to do anything with the ESP sensor lines?

Can I buy line longer lines or extensions? How bad is it if I snap one due to flex?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by Joe_Rubi; 01-14-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am at almost 5 inches of lift and i just did brake lines. i wheel mine too it's not just for looks. if you route the abs lines differently they will be long enough. i moved the fronts from the first clip by the wheel to the second and that gave me enough room and kept it out of the way. you will have to bend the second clip down like the first clip you removed the line from. in the rear i was fine with just longer brake lines. i am running 11 in travel shocks. that will be your determining factor if you need to relocate or lengthen.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

unless you're installing a set of coilovers, your esp lines will be fine.

Quick Reply: Brake line and ESP line extension