Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake help

Old 11-20-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake help

I noticed that with the 35's, I am having to mash the brakes harder and harder to stop. I've replaced pads but I'm looking for a more permanent solution. what brake upgrades are available out there?
Old 11-20-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TF has a nice big brake kit. Kinda pricy but many say they like it and can notice a significant difference.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited
I noticed that with the 35's, I am having to mash the brakes harder and harder to stop. I've replaced pads but I'm looking for a more permanent solution. what brake upgrades are available out there?
x2! Teraflex BIG BRAKE upgrade kit, looking into this once I run 35's. Still plenty of tread on my 32 BFG's so once I get new tires this will be one of the upgrades I will be running with. Great product and has had some good reviews. They offer a choice with slotted rotors as well for a few bucks more....like $30 more I think. Check it out, for new calipers, rotors and pads that's a decent cost at $665 and will do what you want it to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	142412-md.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	239488
Old 11-20-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomRescue
x2! Teraflex BIG BRAKE upgrade kit, looking into this once I run 35's. Still plenty of tread on my 32 BFG's so once I get new tires this will be one of the upgrades I will be running with. Great product and has had some good reviews. They offer a choice with slotted rotors as well for a few bucks more....like $30 more I think. Check it out, for new calipers, rotors and pads that's a decent cost at $665 and will do what you want it to.

Attachment 239488
any other options?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if I'm imaging it or not but when I put the stainless steel front brake lines on I can swear that it stops a little better. Not crazy difference but the pedal feels a lot less spongy
Old 11-21-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jm102602
I don't know if I'm imaging it or not but when I put the stainless steel front brake lines on I can swear that it stops a little better. Not crazy difference but the pedal feels a lot less spongy
Rubber break lines expand alot once the brake fluid heats up and warms the rubber up. Stainless steel break lines are a good cheap up grade in any car to get rid of some of that spongy feeling.

Quick Reply: Brake help