Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake Force Distributor in ESP?

Old 05-22-2014, 08:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake Force Distributor in ESP?

Does anyone know if he brake force distributor is in the esp set up? I am looking in a few diagrams but am unsure. Reason I ask is I am looking to remove my esp control box completely and tee the fittings together as needed but dont want to lose he front/rear ratio.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Jedi

Bump. Anyone? Rojenx this seems to be something you probably know if i had to guess lol.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 169 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
Does anyone know if he brake force distributor is in the esp set up? I am looking in a few diagrams but am unsure. Reason I ask is I am looking to remove my esp control box completely and tee the fittings together as needed but dont want to lose he front/rear ratio.
Are you talking about removing the hydraulic control unit; the one with all the brake lines connected to it?

I believe if you remove the HCU, you will lose the front/rear ratio. From what I can tell, there is no separate proportioning valve in the system like there was years ago.

Last edited by ronjenx; 05-23-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:01 AM
JK Jedi

Yes sir mine is labeled esp and has if i recall correctly 6 lines. I want to remove that as its in my way, but didn't want to lose the ratio. I guess i may have to relocate it and redo some lines possibly.

I appreciate your help.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:12 AM
JK Jedi

Another question. If i remove this it looks like i will have some dash lights as there a plug or 2 on there id have um plugged. Has anyone removed this? If not and your running just rear wheel speed sensors do you leave esp fully disabled? I may try it and am hoping worst case scenario its just the esp light.

Quick Reply: Brake Force Distributor in ESP?