Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bov on ripp supercharger stopped working again!!!!

Old 08-11-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it has the same fitment as the ripp one I can take more pics if u want, its the turbosmart bov dual port 25mm. Bov its like 4 bov in 1. I have it set to full atmosphereic
Old 08-11-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Is it part #TS-0203-1022?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

yes that's it!

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Is it part #TS-0203-1022?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

I just found one for $160. Does that seem fair? Free shipping. I'm thinking about trying this out. My BOV was working fine but lately seems to blow off right before my gear change around 5,000rpm. I loose my boost right before she changes gears.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

are you using the plastic BOv? id say yes thats defintaely fair. i bought mine from the store for..$190 .... id definately recommend it!!!

I just found one for $160. Does that seem fair? Free shipping. I'm thinking about trying this out. My BOV was working fine but lately seems to blow off right before my gear change around 5,000rpm. I loose my boost right before she changes gears.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

mine is the one in the picture I posted above. The black cover might actually be plastic. I thought it was metal but tapped on it with a wrench and it did not sound like metal. The extreme heat in Illinois this summer might have taken a toll on her.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

ya heat very bad, TX is just as bad, if not worse. if u want me to make a vid of the bov just let me know id be happy to. i wonder how many other people who have the RIPP SC have replaced their BOV.

mine is the one in the picture I posted above. The black cover might actually be plastic. I thought it was metal but tapped on it with a wrench and it did not sound like metal. The extreme heat in Illinois this summer might have taken a toll on her.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by REDJEEPJK
ya heat very bad, TX is just as bad, if not worse. if u want me to make a vid of the bov just let me know id be happy to. i wonder how many other people who have the RIPP SC have replaced their BOV.
I don't know. I read of one other. I am subscribed to this thread so if I need anything I will let you know. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

no problem

I don't know. I read of one other. I am subscribed to this thread so if I need anything I will let you know. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks for taking the time to post a pic. Looks like we have the PCV installed similarly. My RIPP is behaving extremely stable and strong as of late - think I'll reinstall the Vortech BOV to see what happens.

I just don't like the "flapping" sound the plastic BOV makes when releasing boost.

I pulled my crank case hose and looked at mine. They look the same to me although mine is dirty. I have mine pushed down the hose a way because the it was hitting the nipple the hose attaches to. I also took a picture of my BOV. Is it the same as the one your having trouble with?

Quick Reply: Bov on ripp supercharger stopped working again!!!!