Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bout to pull the trigger

Old 05-06-2013, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bout to pull the trigger

Ordering a 3.5 lift next week. And I think I'm going with

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_3-seriesII.html

Or

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16300_60XX_A_PG.htm

Any input on which has the better set up?
I already have some 2.5-3.5 rubicon express mono shocks. If I go rough country I can sell the shocks on here for like a hundred bucks, making that a good economical choice. But I'm at a loss as far as the different parts that come with the two set ups...
Old 05-06-2013, 02:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Are you locked into those two?

Just an opinion, but I am not a fan of cam bolts or dropped pitman arms. They work, but there are better options to consider if your budget allows. Same for the 'fixed' arms. They'll work, but adjustables would be a better option.

Do some research so you know the pro's/con's of those components.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:33 PM
JK Junkie

Not set on either. Just don't want to spend more than 600. I've been reading as much as I can. Adjustable cam bolts sound like a turn off though
Old 05-06-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rough Country 3.5" Series II

Its a great kit more a complete kit than the other budget kits they offer. I have beat the crap out of it and its still riding great! The best part about the kit is that it keeps the factory ride and geometry.

Great starter kit for someone on a budget easy to install yourself with basic tools. You will need a Pitman arm puller to pull the stock one and install a DPA in.

Another bonus to the Kit is that you can upgrade it slowly. My plans are going to be adding Adjustable LCA's but the Fixed ones are doing great so I'll probably upgrade when the bushings wear out. When the Nitro shocks wear out I'll get some Rancho adjustable ones. But I'm happy with the Nitro 2.0 shocks and how they ride.

I think you will be overall happy with the kit. I know I am. Let us know how the install go's and post some pics.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Its a great kit more a complete kit than the other budget kits they offer. I have beat the crap out of it and its still riding great! The best part about the kit is that it keeps the factory ride and geometry.

Great starter kit for someone on a budget easy to install yourself with basic tools. You will need a Pitman arm puller to pull the stock one and install a DPA in.

Another bonus to the Kit is that you can upgrade it slowly. My plans are going to be adding Adjustable LCA's but the Fixed ones are doing great so I'll probably upgrade when the bushings wear out. When the Nitro shocks wear out I'll get some Rancho adjustable ones. But I'm happy with the Nitro 2.0 shocks and how they ride.

I think you will be overall happy with the kit. I know I am. Let us know how the install go's and post some pics.
Thanks for the input, I've read good things about it. Ill be using my rubicon express shocks and makin someone happy with a deal on the nitros if I go that route
Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
Ordering a 3.5 lift next week. And I think I'm going with

Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Lift

Or

Rubicon Express 3.5" Standard Suspension System for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

Any input on which has the better set up?
I already have some 2.5-3.5 rubicon express mono shocks. If I go rough country I can sell the shocks on here for like a hundred bucks, making that a good economical choice. But I'm at a loss as far as the different parts that come with the two set ups...
I would recommend the Rubicon Express 3.5" Lift Kit. It will give you a better ride than the Rough Country, and it has the option to upgrade with high quality parts. The Rough Country kit has the fixed arms, which within a few months, you'll have to upgrade to adjustable CA's. Also, it doesn't include an adjustable track bar. It only comes with the bracket to relocate the mount, which is just a cheap and quick fix that can fail.

I'll shoot you over our discount code for JK-Forum members. That way you can get the best possible price on the lift kit. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help out!

-Zach

Quick Reply: bout to pull the trigger