Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Borla vs. Magnaflow

Old 12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla vs. Magnaflow

Hey everyone. I need to get my hands on a new catback. I really dig borlas. My friend has one on his TJ and it sounds rad but I called some guys up at a shop and they said it was too quiet...and that the magnaflow is the way to go...what does everyone think/have? WHO OUT THERE HAS A BORLA and WHO OUT THERE HAS A MAGNAFLOW? Your help is beyond appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog
Hey everyone. I need to get my hands on a new catback. I really dig borlas. My friend has one on his TJ and it sounds rad but I called some guys up at a shop and they said it was too quiet...and that the magnaflow is the way to go...what does everyone think/have? WHO OUT THERE HAS A BORLA and WHO OUT THERE HAS A MAGNAFLOW? Your help is beyond appreciated.
Thanks!

This may help with your decision

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...er+sound+clips
Old 12-06-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the magnaflo cat back and people say it sounds nice but I find it needs to be just a tad bit louder

IMHO
Old 12-06-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
trust me i've seen all these on the internet I just need to hear it from the people that have them. Thanks guys and keep it coming.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Magnaflow cat-back. I didn't buy it to be loud, and it is not. I bought it because of the quality and fit, and I am pleased by both. I spent less than $300...
Old 12-06-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08RUBIJK
I have the Magnaflow cat-back. I didn't buy it to be loud, and it is not. I bought it because of the quality and fit, and I am pleased by both. I spent less than $300...
It is a very good quality
You won't go wrong there
Old 12-06-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had magnaflow on my WRX and it was smooth and powerful but did not drone at all. I switched it out for a race exhaust and that thing bellowed! Magnaflow does an EXCELLENT job of muffling noise while still being a straight through design.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Have you put any thought into buying something other than Borla or Magnaflow? I have an MBRP SS Cat back system and I absolutely love it.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have admittedly ONLY seen those videos but the borla clearly sounds the manliest compared to the rest. Borla has the deepest tone Ive heard from the JK.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam3612
Have you put any thought into buying something other than Borla or Magnaflow? I have an MBRP SS Cat back system and I absolutely love it.
I've seen a bunch of mbrp videos and it doesnt sound that intense :/ feel free to post a video =] and describe it to me. Guys I want the gnarliest exhaust made for the jk. Deepest, sickest, raddest, best.

Quick Reply: Borla vs. Magnaflow