Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Borla Exhaust

Old 05-16-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Exhaust

I just installed a Borla exhaust & the results were very good.

I actually just bought the muffler & not the complete cat-back system. Installation was simple & took about 10 minutes. The reason I didn't get the whole system is the JK already has 2 1/2" tubing & most of the tubing behind the CAT is straight pipe. I realize that Borla has a resonator on their tubing, but as far as I know, they're the only company doing this.

Anyway, the sound is as deep as any V6 exhaust I've heard & a lot like a V8. It's not like that raspy-lawnmower sound that most rice burners sound like. I read somewhere on here or another forum that someone heard a Borla exhaust on a JK & sounded very raspy.

I'm happy to report that mine doesn't & sounds great. Power gains were very noticeable, especially on acceleration and passing on the highway.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got any pics? I am thinking this is my next mod, once I scrape up the five hundred plus bucks. I am looking at the axle back too.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

where did u order from ?? how much?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sixgunz
I just installed a Borla exhaust & the results were very good.

I actually just bought the muffler & not the complete cat-back system. Installation was simple & took about 10 minutes. The reason I didn't get the whole system is the JK already has 2 1/2" tubing & most of the tubing behind the CAT is straight pipe. I realize that Borla has a resonator on their tubing, but as far as I know, they're the only company doing this.

Anyway, the sound is as deep as any V6 exhaust I've heard & a lot like a V8. It's not like that raspy-lawnmower sound that most rice burners sound like. I read somewhere on here or another forum that someone heard a Borla exhaust on a JK & sounded very raspy.

I'm happy to report that mine doesn't & sounds great. Power gains were very noticeable, especially on acceleration and passing on the highway.
Sixgunz, I have a Borla cat-back system from my 97 TJ sitting in the shed...I had taken it off when I sold the TJ with the intention of selling it, no buyers took me up...I have not measured the inlet and outlet, but I'm thinking that muffler could be used in the same way you are describing, if the pipes match up...like you, I don't see the reason for an entire cat-back system, especially in light of the fact that I have a muffler already...whataya think? Can you post the dimensions (length and width) of the muffler you bought? Thanks

glwood

Last edited by glwood6; 05-16-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:45 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How bout a sound bite?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I paid $449 shipped. I'm not sure if the following will get deleted or not, but I found the seller on E-bay & called them directly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BORLA...spagenameZWDVW

They're called Net Parts Express & phone # is 1 800 871 3619

As far as pics, not yet, but I'll work on it.

The dimensions are 10" x 19" x 5 1/2"

Last edited by Sixgunz; 05-16-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 05-21-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! That is my next purchase!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

I'd like a new free flow too...but I feel like if I pay that kind of $$ I want to have the thing positioned more toward the middle of the Jeep for extra rear clearance.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

10 minutes huh, just an easy bolt on job? Did it require any special tools?

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust