Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bolts for door hinges

Old 07-02-2014, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolts for door hinges

Was wondering if it matters if I leave the bolts off of the doors? Love having the doors off but when it rains and put them on it's annoying to have to screw all 8 bolts on to the doors. Was seeing if people just put the doors on and not worry about the bolts? I got a 4 door, full doors so can easily lock them. Just wasn't sure if it would raddle without the bolts or anything like that.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait... the door hinges have bolts on them? Thats just crazy talk.

Ride boltless my son. Don't look back.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by groth797
Was wondering if it matters if I leave the bolts off of the doors? Love having the doors off but when it rains and put them on it's annoying to have to screw all 8 bolts on to the doors. Was seeing if people just put the doors on and not worry about the bolts? I got a 4 door, full doors so can easily lock them. Just wasn't sure if it would raddle without the bolts or anything like that.
Welcome to the forum! You do not need to worry about rattles without the nuts on holding the doors on. We took the nuts off of our JK doors with 20 miles on it, never put them back on and don't have any rattles.

I see you are in NJ what part? We are located in Northern Jersey.

Check out our Facebook and Instagram page. Also let us know if you want to hit the trails and test out that JK of yours!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome thanks guys, I'm definitely taking them off then! Just wanted to make sure haha

And I am from South Jersey, the Marlton/Cherry Hill area. What about you? What part of North Jersey.

And what's the Facebook and Instagram page I would love to join it!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never put the nuts on mine. The doors don't rattle and they're a lot easier to take off.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by groth797
Awesome thanks guys, I'm definitely taking them off then! Just wanted to make sure haha

And I am from South Jersey, the Marlton/Cherry Hill area. What about you? What part of North Jersey.

And what's the Facebook and Instagram page I would love to join it!
We are up in Newton.

Our Facebook page link is in our signature but if you are using an app on your phone you may not see it. So here is the link: Smashboogie 4x4 Facebook Page

Our Instagram page is #smashboogie4x4

Quick Reply: Bolts for door hinges