Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bolt question

Old 08-01-2015, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt question

I'm in the process of installing the rugged ridge snorkel when I realized that things are going to be very tight afterwards. I have a set of ss headers that I have been putting off installing. My driver side is cracked bad. So I decided to go ahead and knock the headers out before finishing the install of the snorkel. So my problem is on the passenger side the bolt furthest to the front was broken off. No head on the bolt. Luckily I think there is enough sticking out where I can vise grip it off. Do I need to replace with special bolt or can I just find one at depot with same thread pattern and length?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1380814480.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	620036  
Old 08-01-2015, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been running a grade 5 on one of my LS2 headers that came loose and fell off like 3 years ago. Replaced it with a hardware store bolt and swore I'd order a set of locking bolts but it's still there and holding just fine.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenRubi
I've been running a grade 5 on one of my LS2 headers that came loose and fell off like 3 years ago. Replaced it with a hardware store bolt and swore I'd order a set of locking bolts but it's still there and holding just fine.
Sounds good enough for me. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: Bolt question