Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bolt on....please read and comment

Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The 3.8 is not the problem on the jk, it's the transmission and the gears. The auto transmission in the 07-11 is just bad when matched up with that motor. We don't need hp, we need more torque to turn the big heavy tires on this brick shaped jeep.
Many ways to skin the cat though. You can do gears (which I think is the A+ answer). To get significant torque increases (by that I mean 30lbft plus) I believe you are in the cost-ineffective area, (although Jeep did slam the Pentastar in there and a 5sp auto, which corrected both issues, trans and engine torque). You say the 3.8 isnt the problem, but the say you need more torque...which in my mind says the engine is the problem, or maybe you are clarifying by saying gears/tranny is the problem. Maybe the biggest issue is the aerodynamics (which you mentioned, but doesn't come into play until 45mph or so) or the fact that the Jeep itself is pretty porky!

Quick Reply: Bolt on....please read and comment