Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bolt-on front track bar bracket?

Old 12-20-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bolt-on front track bar bracket? (re-enforcing)

alright well been searching all day...googled all day and yahoo all day about this...i am looking for a bolt on front trackbar bracket...
i am currently running a 2.5 teraflex lift and will be moving on to a 3.5 RC (wifely bought it for me and i saw it hehehe)
after reading and reading about the stock front track bracket breaking like a piece of dry wood ive decided to look around for a bolt on front track bracket just to make sure that im safe. untill further notice...

reason a bolt on is cause im still running d30's in the front and dont want to just throw another large chunk of cash onto something i will be getting later on that will be welded.

so does anyone know of a bolt on front track bar bracket? i could purchase now?

so far ive seen the jks, currie, evolution, but these are all weldable ones...and even so i would need the drag link flip kit

looked at the rc front track bar bracket that is the only one that ive seen be bolt on....

thank in advance and please chime in

btw i really would wish the wifely would have told me about the lift i would have suggest something that included everything but it was nice of her to even get me a lift hehehe ill just have to tweak it to my liking

Last edited by mkjeep; 12-20-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: blacklisted manf.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

I would recommend getting an adjustable frt trackbar and NOT attaching anything to the frame mount. This is the proper way to center the axle and for proper steering. My 2 cents.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeep2007
I would recommend getting an adjustable frt trackbar and NOT attaching anything to the frame mount. This is the proper way to center the axle and for proper steering. My 2 cents.
yeah currently have the monster teraflex track on...i guess im wording it wrong...i should say re-enforcing the bracket.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

The JKS is a full 8 bolt bolt on and no welding is required.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

The JKS is a full 8 bolt bolt on and no welding is required.
would you be able to share a link to where you found that? Im reading about it again right now and all i see is that its a weld on brace.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...bar_Components

You would need to verify with JKS that the Tera bar will work with it. Just to CYA.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...bar_Components

You would need to verify with JKS that the Tera bar will work with it. Just to CYA.

thanks ill have to look more into the chassis brace. that does seem like a very good option i can go with....after reading it, it does recommmend to get the chassis brace connector too. ill have to talk to one of the reps and see if i really do need it. mostly likely if i get this i would end up getting it also.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by runnin-low
yeah currently have the monster teraflex track on...i guess im wording it wrong...i should say re-enforcing the bracket.
That new lift comes with a drop pitman / trackbar relo bracket combo. Since you already have an adj trackbar, you might consider not using them, and going with some type of flip if you want to correct the steering angles.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

ok so after reading some more..the only way i can get away with re-enforcing the track bar bracket is if i flip the pitman arm. and then get a new relocation bracket. ah! i guess ill do more research and see what how i should work this.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I solved this problem this way. Used a EVO drag flip kit which comes with a track relocation bracket. Then used the new JKS sector shaft / track bar reinforcement kit that has a super beefy adjustable track bar as well. This gets everything in the track bar and steering system reinforced. David Johnson of Northridge 4x4 put this all together for me. Give him a call and he can help you sort it all out.

Also, a buddy of mine is using the AEV flip kit with the JKS kit and is quite happy as well.

Quick Reply: bolt-on front track bar bracket?