Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

boite transfer

Old 05-19-2008, 11:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boite transfer

can we install a b.t. Rubicon of a Sport (x)?
And or find one, because today in France it is possible to obtain Dana 44 with the blockage but what about the 'Rock Track 241 or, report low range 4.0:1
Old 05-20-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Roc trac 241OR for the JK is hard to find and expensive. You might consider using an Atlas transfer case which can be ordered with just about any gearing you want up to 10:1. It is a very good transfer case because it is gear-driven and not chain-driven like the 241OR.

ww w.atlas-tc.com

Also you might consider a STAK, although I dont know it they have an application for the newer rubicons.

w ww.stak4x4.com/products_tcase.htm

Supposedly a version of 241OR is available through Advance Adapters. You would need to call them.

ww w.advanceadapters.com/

Good luck
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome Jeepinfrance. Hope you are finding what you are looking for here.

I had a work flashback when I saw your post, since my company works with Renault, I have seen the term "boite transfer" many times before. Also parcours, embrayage, pont, convertisseur, couple moteur max.... I don't know much French (je ne comprends pas), but I know the automotive terms!

Are there many JK's in France, I saw only one CRD during my last trip there (and it was lifted & had a winch!).
Old 05-22-2008, 12:21 AM
JK Newbie

Hi Harryballs in france there were 616 Jeep Wrangler
sold in 2007 against our government to put in place a tax on pollution since January 2008 so there dropped the first two months of the year 2008 with only 55 registered jeep wrangler.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:29 AM
JK Newbie

Same thing here in Luxembourg.

How much do you pay for a CRD in France (taxe de pollution).I have to pay every year 544 euro.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:29 AM
JK Newbie

Actuelment you pay to purchase the vehicle or prefecture for a 2.8 crd manual box tax is 1600 € canned automatic it is € 2600 a bill is underway to annueliser its tax will hurt the sale heavy-duty engines and 4x4.

Quick Reply: boite transfer