Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

for body protection but get rust

Old 04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for body protection but get rust

This is a question. I am leaning toward the river raider sliders, but i noticed they required attachment directly to the body. So the question.....Won't that cause rust? I mean how could it not. For that mater, would the Evo armor, poison spider armor, and even the PJ rockers rust in between the metal guard and the JK sheet metal?
Help would be Appreciated,
Jackson
Old 04-04-2010, 10:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

It will only rust if there is exposed metal. You can always tape off the area with painters tape before you cover it and put primer or some other rust prohibitor between the two areas?

I dont really have to worry about rust out here in AZ. Sorry.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Poison Spyder has an optional rubber gasket to go between teh armor and the sheet metal that being said when I drill the holes I am going to prime and paint the hell out of the exposed metal. and take the damn things off once in a while to clean behind them to prevent debris from causing rust.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok, thanks for the help

Quick Reply: for body protection but get rust