Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body lifts/ what material??

Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body lifts/ what material??

Been around Jeeps and suspensions but never bought/installed a body lift. So, I've read about the body lifts because I'm thinking of installing a 1" bl on my unlimited. Seems like an inexpensive and easy way to get another inch of lift but I'm not sure which to buy. I see that some are aluminum, some poly, etc. I didn't see any threads where one was mentioned to be better than the other.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

i never saw alum ones before until i saw them here i always saw the poly ones and they have been working fine for years. had them on my YJ and had NO problems at all. but im sure there has to be a reason for using alum. i would be sort of interested to hear what people have to say about that as well.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Offroadme
i never saw alum ones before until i saw them here i always saw the poly ones and they have been working fine for years. had them on my YJ and had NO problems at all. but im sure there has to be a reason for using alum. i would be sort of interested to hear what people have to say about that as well.
Yes, it would seem that the aluminum would ride a little rougher? Also, would it stack as well with the factory mounts?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I plan on keeping my Jeep...plus I'm old school so I'm goin with whichever brand is metal. Metal good. Plastic bad.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I plan on keeping my Jeep...plus I'm old school so I'm goin with whichever brand is metal. Metal good. Plastic bad.
I like the way you think. My thought too!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Why would aluminum ride rougher... its the bushings that reduce the vibration... not the pucks. I bet you can't tell the difference
Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Why would aluminum ride rougher... its the bushings that reduce the vibration... not the pucks. I bet you can't tell the difference
I don't know that it would, just thought I'd check and see what others that have used them thought. I like the thought of the aluminim. I'm looking at the M.O.R.E. bl. Does anyone else make them in aluminum?

Quick Reply: Body lifts/ what material??