Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Lifts- What makes a "complete" kit?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Body Lifts- What makes a "complete" kit?

I'm considering adding a 1 to 1.5" body lift to my 2008 JK 2-door, 6-speed. Many of the body lift kits say they are "complete" but some of the kit photos show parts other kits don't have. On top of that I have read that there may be other parts required such as shifter extensions, brake line extensions etc. that are not in the kits. I've also heard mention that rear bumper brackets are desirable to raise the rear bumper higher along with the body. So what is really required to successfully install a 1 to 1.5" body lift? I want to avoid surprises as I get into the job.
Also, can I do it myself ( one person) in an afternoon? ( I am a moderately skilled but adventurous mechanic, been "wrenching" on things for 35 years and have lots of tools and shop space. By "moderately skilled" I mean I have rebuilt several engines and automatic transmissions, but this modern computerized stuff baffles me.)

Last edited by HillCountry_Cowboy; 09-19-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Body Lifts- What makes a "complete" kit?