Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Lifting

Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Body Lifting

when doing a 1" body lift w/ a suspension lift or a BB do i need to worry about shock length or relocation other then what i already do when doing the suspension? or is that a compleatly seperate area of the jeep?
Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

friday i put the pro comp 1.75" coil spacers on with the 1" front spacer (to remove the rake) and i also have a 1" m.o.r.e body lift, no problems yeat i have driven about 200mi
Old 11-02-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Body lifts and suspension lifts are independent of each other. The upper shock mounts are incorporated into the frame and not the body. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adding a body lift has zero effect on the suspension, your raising the body up off the frame. So no effect on the shocks there.

If your adding a budget boost, i would simply say to follow the recomendations of the mfg.

Some BB come with shocks, some with shock extenders. The real area of concern if you left the stock shocks on is at full extension, the shocks will top out before the suspension gets to full flex.

I added a 2" BB and shocks at the same time. I was at the time driving a lot of washbaord type dirt roads, and the stock shocks just ended up squating or loading up however you want to say it (and probably got kinda warm from a lot of constant use over a short period of time.) They just plain old didnt work right, so i changed them for monotubes & couldnt be happier with them.

Quick Reply: Body Lifting