Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Lift v Coil Spacers????

Old 11-16-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Lift v Coil Spacers????

ok heres a quick rundown on what I have. 2009 Unlimited X. Lift installed at the dealership in Texas. Im pretty sure its a 2.5'' lift. Being a student it works out nicely that its all under warranty, but the jeep rides a little poorly.

I am just planning on running the lowest lift possible with 37's. (i have 35's now). I know they pretty much do the same in regards to having a low center of gravity.

Now I have a 1" BL. I am having the normal problems with it, inner shock boot is interfering with the 6-speed stick, and a somewhat unsightly space between tailgate and rear bumper. And maybe im crazy, but I feel as if there is a difference in the ride quality. I know I can cut the inner shock boot or take a torch and bend the shifter, but I would rather not.

So I was wondering if taking off the BL and running the Coil Spacers will make a difference in the ride quality. There are obviously many different spacers. Some plastic, some metal, 1" to 2". I have looked at alot of them, any preference?

Also I am about to purchase a new front bumper and Im wondering if the BL lift will cause the bumper to look a little weird. Does anyone have this problem?

thanks for the help.

Last edited by JK Tiger; 11-16-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Rough Country has a shifter adapter and rear bumper relocation brackets to help with a 1" BL, you might want to check them out?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

ok great. I forgot about that. Thanks

any idea if the spacers would help counteract the ride quality?
Old 11-16-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

any one have any ideas?
I would really appreciate the help
Old 11-16-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Your body lift shouldn't effect your ride quality. Ride quality would be determined mostly by your springs, shocks, & tires.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the coil spacers have any effect on your ride quality, it will be to make the ride and handling worse, not better. Adding coil spacers will move your control arms further away from being horizontal, which will make the ride feel worse.

Quick Reply: Body Lift v Coil Spacers????