Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body lift with side steps question

Old 03-19-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body lift with side steps question

Last night I ordered the Rough Country 1.25" body lift and I am wondering now if my stock Sahara side steps are going to be lifted along with the rest of my Jeep's body. Has anyone done a body lift and retained the stock side steps? I know the steps mount to the factory body mounts and I could probably go out and crawl under my Jeep to verify myself, but its cold out.

Pics if you got 'em.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Just curious but why a body lift? and only 1 1/4"? Why not just go with a budget 2.5" lift?
I can't remember if my old Sahara steps were secured to the body? It's been a while and those were the first thing to go. If they are attached to the body, then they will go up with the body.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/75627.pdf
Old 03-19-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

All you have to do is look where they are mounted. If they attach to the tub/body of the jeep they will go up with the lift. If they attach the the frame they are not moving anywhere.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IndianaJeep
i believe you have the same steps i have and they move with the body so it wont look awkard. Here's mine with 2.5" teraflex AND 1.25 Rough Country Body lift which im happy with!
Thanks, looks great! Same setup I will have as the body lift should be at my doorstep tomorrow.

What size Toyos are those? Look like 35x12.50-16ers.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Christine
Just curious but why a body lift? and only 1 1/4"? Why not just go with a budget 2.5" lift?
I can't remember if my old Sahara steps were secured to the body? It's been a while and those were the first thing to go. If they are attached to the body, then they will go up with the body.
I already have a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift but I want a little additional clearance for the 35s. By only going 1.25" it gives me the height I need without the annoying gaps between the frame & body. Plus, the Rough Country kit has bumper relocation brackets to move the rear bumper up flush with the body.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKagermeister

I already have a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift but I want a little additional clearance for the 35s. By only going 1.25" it gives me the height I need without the annoying gaps between the frame & body. Plus, the Rough Country kit has bumper relocation brackets to move the rear bumper up flush with the body.
Do you have an auto or a manual?
Old 03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beantownblue

Do you have an auto or a manual?
I have an auto

Quick Reply: Body lift with side steps question