Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Lift Quality?

Old 02-16-2013, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Body Lift Quality?

I'm thinking of putting a 1" body lift on my 2013 2D. I see kits for $95.00 to $200.00, is there that much difference in the quality? Some are aluminum, and others are plastic/nylon or polyurethane. Would appreciate your input. Thanks!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by newjkman
I'm thinking of putting a 1" body lift on my 2013 2D. I see kits for $95.00 to $200.00, is there that much difference in the quality? Some are aluminum, and others are plastic/nylon or polyurethane. Would appreciate your input. Thanks!!!
I've installed 4 body lifts now in different people's jeeps from 2010 to the new 2012's as well.
I've been more than happy with Rough Country 1.25 BL for how they reuse the stock mount and for the price is pretty good
Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I would agree. I have the rough country as well and think it is fine. I chose it because it had the shift adapter and rear bumper relocation brackets. Install was easy and have not had a problem with it since.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BubbaJK2012

I've installed 4 body lifts now in different people's jeeps from 2010 to the new 2012's as well.
I've been more than happy with Rough Country 1.25 BL for how they reuse the stock mount and for the price is pretty good
have it too and agree it was great. using the stock mounts kinda sucks tho and I bent mine a little pounding out the bolts. Hindsight, if I found a body lift that came with mounts so I wouldn't have had to do that, it would have been worth the extra money. after using the rear bumper relocator, the gaps are not even noticeable
Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Fugg it

have it too and agree it was great. using the stock mounts kinda sucks tho and I bent mine a little pounding out the bolts. Hindsight, if I found a body lift that came with mounts so I wouldn't have had to do that, it would have been worth the extra money. after using the rear bumper relocator, the gaps are not even noticeable
When I install the past few I use a socket or spacer that's close to the length of threads so it supports the stock mount, that way when you give it a hit with the hammers nothing bends.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the Rough Country. I have one and a buddy has one. I think they are the only ones with the shifter extention for the manuals and the brackets to raise the rear bumper. Highly recommend

Quick Reply: Body Lift Quality?