Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Lift, Help!

Old 01-24-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Lift, Help!

I'm attempting to install a M.O.R.E. 1" body lift on a 4 door auto. I've removed all 5 body bolts from the driver side and the nut in the front driver side. I've loosened all 5 of the body bolts on the passenger side and the nut in the front. When I attempt to jack the jeep up from the body (right behind the pinch seam and not on the frame) it's lifting the jeep up and not the body, what am I doing wrong??
Old 01-24-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

There are two more bolts you probably have found by now on the crossmember in the back towards the center. The crossmember sits close to the muffler so look right over the rear axle and you will see them. I put that kit on a couple of weeks ago and had a hell of a time finding them too!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Will35
There are two more bolts you probably have found by now on the crossmember in the back towards the center. The crossmember sits close to the muffler so look right over the rear axle and you will see them. I put that kit on a couple of weeks ago and had a hell of a time finding them too!

Hopefully this diagram showing all the bolt locations will help...Best of luck...

Quick Reply: Body Lift, Help!