Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body lift help

Old 10-23-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bolts that keep free spinning have a washer on them that prevents them from falling out. You got the trick just put a little pressure on it.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for all the info. Those 16mm bolts on the body mounts were a huge pain. I did use the wrench to prop them up then smack them around with a hammer to get the bolts out. They got a bit bent from hammer use but I was able to flatten them out in the vice. After those issues it went fine. As mentioned earlier, there were 2 mounts to the rear just in front if the muffler for a total of 12 mounts. Wasn't a difficult project but some tight places and time consuming. I'm no mechanic but atleast it only require basic tools. Ended up taking me around 4-5 hours in all.

-if you compare the RC pic to the More pic, you can see Rc put the location of the mounts in the center front part where they are really in front of muffler where more put it

Last edited by Fugg it; 10-23-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the tips. I couldn't find any write ups on body lifts on here and the directions from RC were somewhat off. The M.O.R.E lift and instructions would have been a better buy prob in hindsight.
Lift came out good. Added this 1.25" to my 4" suspension lift. I went from a BB lift to a 4" and didn't really see much of a difference and have been wanting more since. I haven't put on the bumper replicator brackets yet and not sure I will. Gaps not really noticeable in the front or rear and new bumpers are in my future.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
OR-FAB

Since you all have body lifts I recommend checking out this give away that Performance Accessories and OR-Fab are doing together....https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...bumper-249767/
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hubs
Since you all have body lifts I recommend checking out this give away that Performance Accessories and OR-Fab are doing together....https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...bumper-249767/
Awesome thanks!

Quick Reply: Body lift help