Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body lift or coil spacers?

Old 03-27-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Body lift or coil spacers?

OK I have a 4.5 inch lift and just went to 40's, I did the trimming in the back, pinch seam etc, and moved the rear back 1" with new upper and lower control arms, in the front I went with 1.5 " spacers. The backs not bad, but I'm still getting a rub in the front. I have a set of 1" coil spacers on the bench, but I'm wondering if a 1" BL may be the way to go.

Thoughts and opinions welcome
Old 03-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pros and cons both ways... I would go body lift especially if your suspension is already dialed in; and a bl wouldnt affect your drive shaft angles.

The down side to body lifts is you'll have a gap on your rockers and f&r bumpers.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on how much your trying to gain I would look into body spacers instead of a body lift. It is a better alternative in my opinion. But I would defiantly stay away from the coil spacers for previously stated issues.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see how a spring spacer will eliminate the rubbing. More trimming, longer bump stop or body lift will fix it.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

To run those on a factory axle and maintain full steering I think you need to go to a 6" coil lift with some pretty big bump stops. Body lift is not going to help your steering clearance. Otherwise you need to net out to a wheel bs of 1.75"
Old 03-27-2013, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ktmutt
Depending on how much your trying to gain I would look into body spacers instead of a body lift. It is a better alternative in my opinion. But I would defiantly stay away from the coil spacers for previously stated issues.
what's the difference between body spacers and a body lift?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CenCalJeepster

what's the difference between body spacers and a body lift?
Body spacers replace your entire system for mounting the body to frame and tend to have a longer life cycle where as body spacer only swap out selected mounts and tend to have less if a life.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ktmutt

Body spacers replace your entire system for mounting the body to frame and tend to have a longer life cycle where as body spacer only swap out selected mounts and tend to have less if a life.
Never heard of that on a jk before. Good to know tho

Quick Reply: Body lift or coil spacers?