Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which body lift is best?

Old 03-20-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which body lift is best?

I have a 2008 rubicon 2dr manual with OME 2" lift and high clearance Xenon fender flaresand i want to add a body lift. Currently running used up 37" XTerrains but i will need extra clearance with new 37's. which body lift is best suited for my set up?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

I just wrote a whole post on all the problems I've had with my BL due to the 6 speed. I know some guys run them with no problems but I'm going have to take it off and walk away from $200. the problem does not seem to be brand specific, but more vehicle specific.

It you decide to do it I'd look at the rough country kit. It comes with the lift, shift adjuster, and rear bumper relocator for what I paid for just the lift.

Hope it works for you.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have M.O.R.E. 1". With a manual you can only go 1" BL before you run into shifter clearance issues. The M.O.R.E. is aluminum pucks so, they are very noticeable. I like them being noticed. Other than that a body lift is a body lift. Also, you will need to cut the shifter boot....a few weeks ago I upgraded to a custom made leather boot...very nice.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

With rc's shifter relocation piece you can go to 1.25 and have no shifter issues with a 6 speed. It's where I'm going when it time for more clearance.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

alright so 1.25 " BL is my max, are there any brake line issues?
Old 03-20-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed the rc body lift on my 07'. Install was a breeze and the shifter extender works fine. Overall I'm pleased with it. Also like the fact that it came with the rear bumper relocator so that you dont have a gap. No brake line issues at all with this kit and my TF leveling kit.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toymaster
I have M.O.R.E. 1". With a manual you can only go 1" BL before you run into shifter clearance issues. The M.O.R.E. is aluminum pucks so, they are very noticeable. I like them being noticed. Other than that a body lift is a body lift. Also, you will need to cut the shifter boot....a few weeks ago I upgraded to a custom made leather boot...very nice.

do you have a pic of your leather boot?

Quick Reply: which body lift is best?