Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

body lift

Old 06-29-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKMARINE
I am an Ass Hole not a douchebag for your information. I thought this was a forum? Aren't people supposed to write opinions? I wasn't trying to be an ass when I posted. It just happens naturally. I saw the pic of the Jeep with the body lift only and was commenting on how lame it is to do that for looks and not functionality. I agree that body lifts are the best way to go when you already have a lift and don't want to pay for a bigger lift. Sorry that I shit in everyone's Cherios.
Well only because you used the saying, 'shit in everyone's cheerios', all is forgiven hahahaha that was pretty good, never heard that one before
Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.ZAP
Well only because you used the saying, 'shit in everyone's cheerios', all is forgiven hahahaha that was pretty good, never heard that one before
He's a Marine, that was a very nice asshole quote!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch. The kits aren't garbage. Most of these kits are being sold to Jeepers that want to run over 40" tires. We've produced them for years for extreme applications. The primary reason these are used is to allow tire clearance while keeping the center of gravity as low as possible (note: frame is heavery than body).

There are many parts of U.S. and Canada where "clearance" can be a liability. Quite often, these kits are being combined in order to achieve a good balance of lift and clearance for tires by folks that really know what they are doing.

Yates

I would just like to point out (and praise) the professionalism (especially in a forum) of yates, for not just going off and giving the rational explanation for the kits.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:16 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a BBL (Teraflex) and 35". I don't need the added clearance in the fenders, it just clears fine, but my rear bumper is stock, so spare is heavy on the gate (I know this is discussed elsewhere...too tight budget to get a bumper and tire carrier...)

Question, would a 1" body lift make my 35" clear the rear bumper to avoid the extension on the stock spare holder ? I figure getting the tire closer to the gate is easyer on it ....
Old 10-31-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

The primary reason these are used is to allow tire clearance while keeping the center of gravity as low as possible (note: frame is heavery than body).

The frame is heavier than the body?

I'm assuming you mean the center of gravity stays lower if you JUST lift the body without lifting the frame and drivetrain,
Old 11-01-2009, 01:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yhudson
Quite often, these kits are being combined in order to achieve a good balance of lift and clearance for tires by folks that really know what they are doing.

Yates

Yates
Not quite a Zombie thread, only 4 months old. Yates is correct here the body lift is meant to be an addtion to a suspension lift and serves its purpose very nicely. This is the kosher thing not there is anything wrong from an engineering point of view with only a BL.

If one just adds a body lift from the lifted 4x4 crowd you will get the reaction JK Marine had possibly put in a more polite way. I usually use the terms dweeb, jack a$$, dumb a$$, or moron but only in my head. I would never insult a guy on the street for at least trying. Now if my son was talking about just adding a body lift to his 4x4 I'd explain to him the reason for such a lift and then if he kept it up I'd slap him upside the head.

As I have learned from my Romanian friends the word "douche" means shower. Romanian is one of the four Latin based languages. Obviously the advertisers of the feminine hygiene product used it to make it sound exotic to us Americans. So the term “shower bag” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Last edited by toymaster; 11-01-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Quick Reply: body lift