Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

body lift

Old 06-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Badd Andy
that looks pretty good to me, the gap doesnt seem bad at all, whats the price on the 2" BL and do you ship to Canada?
David @ Northridge is stocking these in Canada and the price I believe is around $100.

Originally Posted by JKMARINE
You can't find that much about them because they are garbage. The reason they are cheap is because they are worthless and because people are desperate for one more inch and too cheap for a propper lift.
Ouch. The kits aren't garbage. Most of these kits are being sold to Jeepers that want to run over 40" tires. We've produced them for years for extreme applications. The primary reason these are used is to allow tire clearance while keeping the center of gravity as low as possible (note: frame is heavery than body).

There are many parts of U.S. and Canada where "clearance" can be a liability. Quite often, these kits are being combined in order to achieve a good balance of lift and clearance for tires by folks that really know what they are doing.

Yates

Yates
Old 06-23-2009, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times
I dont have a body lift... and I dont think I will get one but wow, you're a duchebag huh JKMARINE... congrats on spewing crap all over someones question rather then helping out....

for your information you get FENDER clearance with body lifts... so yea you can stuff the nuts out of your 35's and not blow fenders off left and right like some asshat...

wow, some people....

as for the OP... If you like the look go for it... people say that the 2 inch bl is too much but if you dont mind it try some of the mentioned brands... for 1'' MORE and PA seem to be the favorites... good luck, and let us know how it goes... be sure to put up some pics of the install and before and afters!
x2 on the douchebag comment... lol do your homework before commenting (common sense would have sufficed). Some people are on a budget and a Body Lift is the best way to go. Best way to get that little bit of extra clearance for bigger meats...
Old 06-23-2009, 08:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yall must forgive JKmarine, all Marines are assholes, it's in our blood ,you should know this by now as much as I've posted. That being said , I have a MORE 1in BL on mine.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by joey2times
I dont have a body lift... and I dont think I will get one but wow, you're a duchebag huh JKMARINE...
I always wondered how to spell that!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Yall must forgive JKmarine, all Marines are assholes, it's in our blood ,you should know this by now as much as I've posted. That being said , I have a MORE 1in BL on mine.
HEY! I resemble that remark!

btw I think a 2" BL looks like doodoo
Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not a big fan of BL, but I just put a 1.25" RE on mine, and I am really happy with it. I did the rear bumper gap elimination that is posted in the write up section, and it is awesome. Front bumper is not stock on mine so it looks good as well. Only part that made the RE kit a little more time consuming than the rest was the step of removing the bolts that are pressed? into the stock locations and replacing them with the longer ones. I think some of the kits just use a spacer for these bolts. Took more time, but I like the fact that they are a complete bolt and nut and not a spacer thingy.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by yhudson
I always wondered how to spell that!
hahaha well I guess I am the "summers eve" now...

haha spelling doesnt count!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

My daystar 1'' bl just came .. I am a suck mechanic so we will see how hard it is to install lol..If i can do it anyone can

J33PIN
Old 06-24-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

i got a 4" skyjacker lift......but only want to put maybe 1 in on it......any1 got a pic of stock, are a 4" with 1"body lift??
Old 06-29-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mr.ZAP
x2 on the douchebag comment... lol do your homework before commenting (common sense would have sufficed). Some people are on a budget and a Body Lift is the best way to go. Best way to get that little bit of extra clearance for bigger meats...
I am an Ass Hole not a douchebag for your information. I thought this was a forum? Aren't people supposed to write opinions? I wasn't trying to be an ass when I posted. It just happens naturally. I saw the pic of the Jeep with the body lift only and was commenting on how lame it is to do that for looks and not functionality. I agree that body lifts are the best way to go when you already have a lift and don't want to pay for a bigger lift. Sorry that I shit in everyone's Cherios.

Quick Reply: body lift