Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body lift?

Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body lift?

Going a hundred directions trying to figure out how to keep my daily driver/warranty intact while still having a JEEP for what its made to do,at least until a few payments are knocked-off. Wondering whats the biggest tire I could fit on a stock '14 2dr auto?Would like to go to a 285x75x17, i think this could be done with a 1" body lift and trimming the stock to flat fenders? I know their is a bunch of post about warranty and i would like to keep mine intact for a little while,thats why i was considering a small body lift to get some clearance. No serious wheeling just some fun trails and backwoods. I have a donor 2.5" puck lift with shock extensions but that comes back to the warranty issues why I'm hesitant to do it. Or screw it do both and rock some 35's?
Old 03-02-2014, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the triger and get a 2 1/2" lift and put on some 35s, it shouldnt hurt your warranty. but save your old rims and tires, you will need them to pass inspection, or at least in Maine you do
Old 03-02-2014, 03:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The warranty issue is very subjective and full of variables. They could void some of the drivetrain if you get larger tires. If your dealer is cool, not an issue. The way it generally works is if your mod could have caused the issue, it's not covered.

In terms of warranty, my thought is that a body lift is the worst idea. They could blame just about any non drivetrain issue on it. Squeaks, leaks, etc. You'd be better going with a leveling kit. They may not even notice. Or, get coils off a 4 door. That will get you at least an inch and it's still factory.

Quick Reply: Body lift?