Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Lift?

Old 02-22-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Lift?

Ok So I am currently in Afghanistan and for Christmas my wife had a 3.5" RC Series II Lift put on along with 35 in Tires, well she has now decided that it isn't high enough for her she wants it to set a little higher. She is interested in buying the RC 1.25" body lift. What are the thoughts of putting a body lift on or is there any other way to lift it 1-2 inches.

Last edited by jrylb73; 02-23-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did the RC 1.25 body lift on my JK and I like it. Very easy install, and comes with bumper brackets to avoid an ugly gap in the back. Mine is automatic, but if you have manual, they have the shifter extender as well. For $100, you can't beat it in my opinion.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

3.5" RC Series II Lift put on along with 35 in Tires, well she has now decided that it isn't high enough for her she wants it to set a little higher.
Higher, or more clearance for the tires? Flat flares should probably be your first consideration.

She is interested in buying the RC 1.25" body lift.
Lots of people are running body lifts with no issues, other than that slight gap which can be an eyesore. At 1-1.25", the gap isn't that bad, just don't go big.

is there any other way to lift it 1-2 inches.
Coil spacers or taller coils. This will probably cause more issues than it is worth, up to and including longer shocks and brake lines and links and driveshafts and adjustable arms if you don't already have them.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

I have the same body lift. No issues here.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool, I think I will just go with the 1.25" BL from RC, they have done me good so far on everything else. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Body Lift?