Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

body lift???

Old 05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body lift???

i have a 2" lift and i was going to put one more inch of lift on it and i was wondering if i would be good to put a 1" body lift on it..i usually dont like body lifts because of the gaps but if im only going one inch it shoulnt be to bad

please post pics or llet me know what u think?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:13 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

a one inch body lift will be fine and won't be very noticable.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkwhite12
i have a 2" lift and i was going to put one more inch of lift on it and i was wondering if i would be good to put a 1" body lift on it..i usually dont like body lifts because of the gaps but if im only going one inch it shoulnt be to bad

please post pics or llet me know what u think?
pretty sure there is a write up on this, check out the project section, or do a search for body lift.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very common question, as said before its fine, you should be able to find a lot of information as well as pictures
Old 05-25-2010, 02:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I plan on doing as well. I also run a 2" lift and will add a 1" BL when it is time for 35s.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:40 PM
HV
JK Enthusiast

Im planning to install a 1 inch body lift too .
Old 05-25-2010, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by IndianaJeep
i currently have the 2.5 TF coil and shock lift, QUESTION since we are on the topic of BL's....if i go 1" will the Emergency Brake lines be effected? It seems they are stretched to the max at full flex now and they attach to the body so 1" seems it would OVER stretch the lines...........INPUT needed. Thanks
I was runing this same set up for a while (with BL) and never had a problem. I never reattached the emergency brake bracket back to the tub of the jeep, just zip tied together and left hanging, there is plenty of room that way.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IndianaJeep
i currently have the 2.5 TF coil and shock lift, QUESTION since we are on the topic of BL's....if i go 1" will the Emergency Brake lines be effected? It seems they are stretched to the max at full flex now and they attach to the body so 1" seems it would OVER stretch the lines...........INPUT needed. Thanks
You can let them hang or give Teraflex a call. I believe they include a e-brake line drop bracket with their larger lifts, you might be able to just purchase those alone if you don't want the lines hanging.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Another option is to add 1" coil spacers on top of your springs in front and back. I did that to my Teraflex 2.5" lift and like the looks a lot. Didn't want any more gap with my AEV front bumper.

Quick Reply: body lift???