Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

body lift

Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got my rear bumper gap fixed too. Looks much better now.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy with the RC 1.25" here!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DBFunJK
I've installed body lifts on every vehicle I've owned, just to put larger tires on. Never a problem. In the instructions they have you use the red loctite which is why the bolts are "seized" as you put it. When I lifted my wife's Yukon a few years back it was obvious that GMC also put loctite on their bolts because I had to cut a couple. I think they are using the loctite to ensure the bolts don't come loose.

Other than removing, what bad experiences?

DB
I have removed 3 body lifts on trucks. What seizes is the bolt to the plastic spacers pucks. The water then pools up on top of the puck and seizes the threads. Here in Indiana everything rusts
Old 03-19-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default Not happy with the RC

My RC kit pushes out the front grill on my 07 JK. It looks stupid... I will be pulling the front two back off and either grinding them or replacing them. BTW its not just a little, its about an 1"
Old 03-20-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Diddles
just did my daystar 1" and am very happy. however in considering a body lift you must recognize that the larger you go the more of a gap you will see between the body and frame, furthermore if you have a manual you will have a shorter gearshift rod and will have to do some inner boot trimming to keep the lower gears from popping out. you can move up the stock bumper to close the gap but only a max of 1" . so with a 1 1/4 u may still have a visable gap in the rear. in my opinion daystar makes a good quality poly body lift.

this inner boot trimming does anyone have a pic im jusat not getting it and sounds a little skechy to me, i just worry about that kind of stuff

Quick Reply: body lift