Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

body lift

Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the rc body on special this month too and i love it, no probs with install either
Old 03-18-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nothing wrong with my RC body lift. I have a 6 speed.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Hi Guys,
I'm looking at putting in a 1" body lift as well, i've got the 4door manual Aussie version. Is there any issues with hoses needing to be lengthened (I.E fuel filler etc)
Old 03-18-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Smile 1"

just did my daystar 1" and am very happy. however in considering a body lift you must recognize that the larger you go the more of a gap you will see between the body and frame, furthermore if you have a manual you will have a shorter gearshift rod and will have to do some inner boot trimming to keep the lower gears from popping out. you can move up the stock bumper to close the gap but only a max of 1" . so with a 1 1/4 u may still have a visable gap in the rear. in my opinion daystar makes a good quality poly body lift.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have Installed and removed body lifts on trucks, and think they can be a royal pain if you ever have to remove one. If the kit uses Plastic spacers, such as performance accessories 3 in truck kits. I have found the pucks love to hold water and cause the included bolts to seize in place. My advice, if you have to run a body lift, is to find a taller body mount/bushing kit, or buy a can of Anti-seize and apply a lot of it to each body bolt. I speak from some very bad experiences. I just lifted a buddy's truck 6 inches and removed his 3 inch body lift. Every bolt on the bed was seized in the puck. Every bolt had to be cut and extracted. This took us over 8 hours on just the bed. This kit was only on for about a year and a half.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default Body lift reply

What I would do is get the cheaper RC 11/4" kit and also as you are saving a bit of $$ get the 1 1/4" body lift kit from rugged ridge!!

You will see in the future that you will need more and more lift, so get them both if you can!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alancamby
I have Installed and removed body lifts on trucks, and think they can be a royal pain if you ever have to remove one. If the kit uses Plastic spacers, such as performance accessories 3 in truck kits. I have found the pucks love to hold water and cause the included bolts to seize in place. My advice, if you have to run a body lift, is to find a taller body mount/bushing kit, or buy a can of Anti-seize and apply a lot of it to each body bolt. I speak from some very bad experiences. I just lifted a buddy's truck 6 inches and removed his 3 inch body lift. Every bolt on the bed was seized in the puck. Every bolt had to be cut and extracted. This took us over 8 hours on just the bed. This kit was only on for about a year and a half.
Just my .02 - I heard some bad things about body lifts, but that's all they are, stories. I'm personally going with the Teraflex Leveling kit. It looks much easier to install, and that was my deciding factor. Good Luck, Dude!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by k2thelo
What I would do is get the cheaper RC 11/4" kit and also as you are saving a bit of $$ get the 1 1/4" body lift kit from rugged ridge!!

You will see in the future that you will need more and more lift, so get them both if you can!
this doesn't make any sense, are you suggesting that he could stack body lifts? that's just not even possible, do you know what you're talking about?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:51 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Instead of starting a new thread, hoping someone will be able to answer my question here.

How important is it to install a BL on flat level ground? I ask because I live on a hill and while the upper portion of our driveway isnt as steep as the rest, it's still at a slight grade. If I'm in neutral, the Jeep will roll back very slowly.

Whenever I change the oil, I use wheel chocks just in case.

So.. if I were to use wheel chocks, is there any reason why I shouldnt install a BL myself?
Old 03-19-2010, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Instead of using red loctite, use blue loctite ( blue can be removed )

Quick Reply: body lift