Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Armor Rockcrawler Side Guards

Old 07-01-2007, 10:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rogu3JK
Thanks WOL,
Judging by the gap from the body to rails on the body armor ones, do you think you'd be washing \ picking out as much debris as you do with the stock rubi rails? I REALLY hate to see pebbles in there scratching the body up and trapping moisture under there.
Well, at least on the PUREJEEP rails, this isn't a problem as the gap between it and the tub is a little wider than the stock Rubi rails. At least, I haven't seen this to be a problem since installing them on my JK.

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
These are pretty nice and all, but I don't think I'd do that to them.
Oh man, now that's just wrong
Old 07-02-2007, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the info and opinions everybody. I think I have changed my mind....again. PureJeep seems to be the way to go now. I was just worried that they wouldn't be strong enough because they were mounted to the body, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:43 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JK-XS
Thanks for all the info and opinions everybody. I think I have changed my mind....again. PureJeep seems to be the way to go now. I was just worried that they wouldn't be strong enough because they were mounted to the body, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Well, seeing that you have a 2-door, I would highly recommend getting a set of these....

PUREJEEP should be releasing these later on this month and in my opinion, they are the best rocker guard protection you can get for a 2-door. It being mounted to the body will give you the most clearance possible and are incredibly strong. Also, since they follow the contour of the JK body, these rocker guards look like they came from the factory that way
Old 07-02-2007, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Well, seeing that you have a 2-door, I would highly recommend getting a set of these....

PUREJEEP should be releasing these later on this month and in my opinion, they are the best rocker guard protection you can get for a 2-door. It being mounted to the body will give you the most clearance possible and are incredibly strong. Also, since they follow the contour of the JK body, these rocker guards look like they came from the factory that way
After speaking with PJ, they led on that this style would also be available for the Unlimited as well. Any idea Eddie? I might be holding out for something that will not be created PSC was also making something like these. This is the exact design I want for my Unlimited.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JKJoe
After speaking with PJ, they led on that this style would also be available for the Unlimited as well. Any idea Eddie? I might be holding out for something that will not be created PSC was also making something like these. This is the exact design I want for my Unlimited.
Yes, it is being worked on now. The biggest hang up is finding a way have steel rolled to follow the longer curve of the Unlimited. It's one thing to make a one-off rocker guard but to mass produce them, more R&D is required.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Yes, it is being worked on now. The biggest hang up is finding a way have steel rolled to follow the longer curve of the Unlimited. It's one thing to make a one-off rocker guard but to mass produce them, more R&D is required.
Thank you for making my day bro. I know the wait is worth it.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boy! Was I wrong

A couple of other members wanted to know what the BodyArmor guards looked like for the JK, over in the JK Talk section,
and I posted photos of the ones I have on my TJ figureing that they would mount the same way. Man, I sure was shocked to find out I was wrong ...
so I deleted the pictures and put a link up to this thread which I just came upon a few hours ago.

The main reason I got my side guards was because they were part of a package deal....
Buy the rear bumper with the tire carier and get the side guards for free. I saved over $350. bucks.
I couldn't pass it up. The ones I got arn't bad...I'm happy with them.

But as I look and see how the BodyArmor sideguards are now set up to mount on the JK, I'm not impressed. And I can
honestly say that when I do get a JK it won't have these on it's sides.
Now...if PureJeep comes out with a set for the unlimited.... that's a horse of a different color...they'll be the ones getting my money.

But for now, the ones I have on my TJ are just fine. Although the thought of selling them before I scratch the living
hell out of them has entered my mind a few times.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:21 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by rogu3JK
Thanks WOL,
Judging by the gap from the body to rails on the body armor ones, do you think you'd be washing \ picking out as much debris as you do with the stock rubi rails? I REALLY hate to see pebbles in there scratching the body up and trapping moisture under there.
I've had mine since, January. So all that snow and salts gets in that area, along with mud and debris, its a big enough gap it falls through..

I've also beat mine up on the rocks with the full body weight of the jeep slamming down on them, with no issues at all.. other than I scratch some paint off the rockers

I've also used them as lifting point for the highlift, with no problems
Here's the curve of the rocker... I'm really impressed
Old 07-03-2007, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Waitng patiently for the PJ rails......
Old 07-03-2007, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
These are pretty nice and all, but I don't think I'd do that to them.
HAHA

Quick Reply: Body Armor Rockcrawler Side Guards