Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Armor Gas Can Adapter

Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Armor Gas Can Adapter

Anyone using the gas can adapter on the Body Armor Tire Carrier? I've had the bumper and carrier for a while and just picked up the gas can adapter. When I tried to match it up I see some issues, so I was hoping someone on here may be able to help. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

What's the issues?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

The carrier swing has maybe 1/16" before it scrapes the bumper when closed. I think once the can adapters and loaded cans are installed they will rub. The second and probably the bigger problem, is the left can adapter doesn't clear the jeep trunk handle. I can see that the adapter has a cutout for the handle but it pushes on the handle during the rough install.
Just trying to figure if I should send it back and forget it. I would really like to try but I've got some concerns. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Body Armor Gas Can Adapter