Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Armor Front Skid Plate

Old 01-07-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Armor Front Skid Plate

I just got my Body Armor front skid plate which I expressly ordered for my Rubi since it seems to cover the sway bar motor really well. However, there are no instructions nor hardware in the box! I had previously bought a Skid Row plate from a friend and that came with hardware! Am I missing something? Does anyone have any experience in putting this piece on to a stock bumper? Any assistance would be appreciated thanks!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RubiDude
I just got my Body Armor front skid plate which I expressly ordered for my Rubi since it seems to cover the sway bar motor really well. However, there are no instructions nor hardware in the box! I had previously bought a Skid Row plate from a friend and that came with hardware! Am I missing something? Does anyone have any experience in putting this piece on to a stock bumper? Any assistance would be appreciated thanks!
I'm not really familiar w/ the body armor skid, but since nobody has replied yet, I guess its better than nothing.

Most front skids I've seen bolt into the holes made for the air dam (ugly piece of plastic under the bumper). Have any pics of the e-disco skid plate?
Old 01-08-2010, 02:10 AM
JK Freak

I could get some! I talked with customer service @ 4wd.com and Body Armor customer service...turns out this plate will fit, but you have to trim soe of the bumper on the underside to make it all line up. They are coming out with a new design that should just bolt right on with no trim.

What I find interesting is the Body Armor rep was saying just to send it back and wait for the new one if I did not want to trim. However, I explained that 4wd.com website says that it works no problem on stock bumpers! This is the second order that I have placed with them that there has been a problem...there will not be a third!

Quick Reply: Body Armor Front Skid Plate