Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Armor Extreme rails/bumpers

Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Armor Extreme rails/bumpers

Does anyone have the Body Armor Extreme rails or bumpers and do you like them? Any pics would be great to. Thx.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 AM
Owl
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the front and rear bumpers. The rear also has the swing-out tire carrier.

Made from 3/16" steel. They look good, and appear to function well. Sorry, no pics, but there are several at the Body Armor web site.

Body Armor did a re-design on their rear bumper system. The older swing-out tire carrier (JK-2393 bumper and 5292) had a few problems with the bronze bearings (or so I recall). The new bumper (JK-2394) is a better design and the tire carrier (5293) works very well.

I installed front and rear myself. Not difficult at all, except the directions aren't the best. My JK is a 2010, so I had to do some drilling to install the front bumper, as Jeep did a re-design for the 2010 / 2011 models.

Body Armor did tell me that there would be gas-can brackets available for the rear swing-out carrier sometime early next year.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason I bought these was because it was only $100.00 on Craigslist.

I haven't had the chance to touch them against any rocks, but when they do, I think it is going to be ugly.

So far they don't make any noise on the road or out in the trail, no squeaking. As mentioned above, they mount to the body, and it does support my weight as a step.

I would not be surprised if a big rock would dent them in to hit my jeep.

here's all my pictures for the rock rail:

http://s878.photobucket.com/albums/a...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 12-15-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

blazer4949 has them and is now looking to replace them. apparently, because of the way they mount, they are susceptible to bending upward after a good hit. i would say that if you just do light to moderate wheeling, these will work fine for you but, if you play really hard, you may want to consider something else.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really appreciate all the feedback. I see the Body Armor extreme mounts to the body as well. I wonder if those are stronger? I know a lot of guys swear by the LOD, EVO and Shrockworks. ORFab seem great too. Hard decision!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeep2007
I really appreciate all the feedback. I see the Body Armor extreme mounts to the body as well. I wonder if those are stronger? I know a lot of guys swear by the LOD, EVO and Shrockworks. ORFab seem great too. Hard decision!
Like WOL said, if you do light wheeling, like not banging the sides of your JK that often, then you should be good to go. But just know that if you jeep rocks from left to right and hits a rock, it will bend and possibly injure your door.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:18 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jeep2007
i run the lod's but, pretty much anything that bolts up to the frame rails will do the job well. the only body mounted rocker guards i would recommend are the ones made by purejeep/hanson. they fully wrap around the rockers and bolt up clear through the body with crush sleeves as opposed to just using weak nutserts like other companies do. i have seen them take a beating well.

Quick Reply: Body Armor Extreme rails/bumpers