Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

On Board Air Install with Train Horn

Old 03-16-2021, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dstack701
Alright, first off I've utilized the search feature and found alot of useful information about OBA systems but I can't find any details on a horn install.

Here is what I want....

1) A system without a duty cycle or needed cool down time, becuase i'm impatient
2) I do NOT need to run air tools, I just what to use the system to air up my tires which are 34s at the moment but may upgrade to 37s in the future and a train horn.
3) The horn is just for fun and not for sadistic use.

I was looking at the Viair Constant Duty system but I do not know how a train horn is installed so I have no clue what to look for. Also Hornblasters has complete kits but I don't know if those are just to run horns or if they can air up tires as well.

Can someone shed a little light on what I should be looking for to run my desired setup? Is install simple enough for an average Joe to do?

Thanks
so u can use a compressor for harbor frieght to fill the tank. I been searching and the suspension compressors are outrageous.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Dude -

Go to a local dive shop and purchase yourself a used scuba tank - average tank is 80 cubic foot @ 3K psi.

That will inflate an awful lot of tires, and charge just about anything ya want to play with.

Refill is about $10 and takes only a few minutes.

Fill yer shorts !

Neville

Quick Reply: On Board Air Install with Train Horn