Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

On board air

Old 01-27-2014, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viair Question

Could one of you guys with the Viair system mounted off the brake master cylinder measure from on of the mounting bolts or the engine side of the master cylinder mount over to the motor side of the air compressor bracket?

I am interested in one of these setups but I have a non stock motor under the hood so I want to make sure its going to fit before I plunk down the money for the system.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Lunatic Fridge
Old 01-27-2014, 08:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default over all do you think its better to get the viair portable

underhood mount the brackets 50 bucks too ! and it looks like the hose will hang up on the vehicle and maybe scratch things to me the portable one looks like the one to get and I believe you could also mount this inside the jeep where its dry under seat or similar no? it would be good to hear from those that have the portables on their view if its possible to do that or if they have thought of this themselves , after buying it the viair ones it comes with bag and all and I think it just might be better for me maybe pros / cons ?????
refering to viar 400p vs 400c
Old 01-28-2014, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunatic_Fridge
Could one of you guys with the Viair system mounted off the brake master cylinder measure from on of the mounting bolts or the engine side of the master cylinder mount over to the motor side of the air compressor bracket?

I am interested in one of these setups but I have a non stock motor under the hood so I want to make sure its going to fit before I plunk down the money for the system.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Lunatic Fridge
I've measured 6 3/8 - 6 1/2 from engine side of the brake fluid reservoir to the engine side of the mounting bracket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000412.2.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	527122

From center of the engine side mounting bolt to the engine side of the mounting bracket I've measured 5 1/2 - 5 5/8.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run an ARB twin mounted in the cargo area and love it. It airs up 35's from 12 to 30 in no time flat. It will bust lugs with an impact if necessary too. One of my favorite mods.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
I've measured 6 3/8 - 6 1/2 from engine side of the brake fluid reservoir to the engine side of the mounting bracket.
From center of the engine side mounting bolt to the engine side of the mounting bracket I've measured 5 1/2 - 5 5/8.
Thank you very much. Have to measure it when I get home and see if this will fit.

Lunatic Fridge
Old 01-30-2014, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
I'm using a Smittybilt portable air compressor. I go 4-wheeling three weekends a month, and have been using this compressor for two years now and it still works great. The ViAir under hood mounted compressor is nice, but this one has three times the air capacity, and only cost $149. I keep it in the back of my Jeep all the time.
I have the same compressor and I'll be hard mounting it in the rear of the jeep plumbed into 2 5 gallon tanks that I'll be mounting where the factory muffler is. Nice to know it'll last at least 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 02-10-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jnabird333
I run this and have been very happy with it.

Jeep JK OBA
Any way to run an air locker off this?
Old 02-10-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

ARB Jeep JK 2012, Air Compressor & Mounting Bracket Package (ARB-JK2012-COMPRESSOR-KIT)

I bought this package from northridge4x4 and haven't looked back. Very simple and clean install especially with the Evo mounting bracket it comes with. The compressor is not the fastest out there but it airs up my 37's in under 2 minutes. Also use the compressor for my yukon zip locker. Another bonus is that it comes with the hose kit, and a nice ARB inflator with gauge.

.....they also have another package with a mounting bracket for pre-2012 jk's
Old 02-10-2014, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default is it worth getting

somthing like this to rather than deal with those coiled up pita type hoses that get caught on everything they come in contact with ?

8 ft. - 15 ft. x 3/8 in. Rubber Air Hose Remnant
Old 02-10-2014, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mack0092
ARB Jeep JK 2012, Air Compressor & Mounting Bracket Package (ARB-JK2012-COMPRESSOR-KIT) I bought this package from northridge4x4 and haven't looked back. Very simple and clean install especially with the Evo mounting bracket it comes with. The compressor is not the fastest out there but it airs up my 37's in under 2 minutes. Also use the compressor for my yukon zip locker. Another bonus is that it comes with the hose kit, and a nice ARB inflator with gauge. .....they also have another package with a mounting bracket for pre-2012 jk's
This compressor has been working well for me for both my ARB lockers and airing my 35's.

Quick Reply: On board air