Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

On board air

Old 04-28-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On board air

I just got my on board air and am looking to mounting it. I was wondering if anybody had put it here and how it worked there or if any of you think that it would break off the tale gate.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

If you don't mind it eating up precious cargo space, the only thing I would be wary of is adding more weight to the tailgate if you have an oversized spare on the OEM mount.

Unfortunately, the Jeep tailgate is not really made to handle anything much heavier than the stock spare tire.

It would be very accessible though!

G'luck!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

I have the same system, it will be loud when the compressor is running. Not so bad if you just plan to use it for your tires and will be outside the Jeep when it's running. But if you plan to use it with air horns or lockers, you'll be inside when it runs. There are companies that make a mount, to mount the comp. to the break boster under the hood. Then you need to relocate your EVAP canister, which will allow you to mount the air tank under the Jeep just about dead center.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default on board air

Originally Posted by sub308
I just got my on board air and am looking to mounting it. I was wondering if anybody had put it here and how it worked there or if any of you think that it would break off the tale gate.
trust me....do not put on tailgate..... they have too much weight on them....plus you willneed the cargo space....i put mine their and have since moved it. the compressor is under the hood beside brake fluid.....bought a river raider skid to mount tank under neath with evap canister.. air conector is kust in front of tag on side////

Quick Reply: On board air